FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Filter removal Corsair 230T (Vanquish II)

Post Date: 2014-04-09

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Filter removal Corsair 230T (Vanquish II)
    Posted: 09 Apr 2014 at 2:49am
Thought I posted this yesterday, but apparently it wasn't.  So much for all my pretty pictures, fancy uploads and diagrams.  So, in brief:

I see from their website that the Corsair 230T has 2 dust filters.  PSU (bottom) and front fascia.  I would like to know how difficult it would be to clean/replace the front dust filter.  I'm not at the machine  (currently some miles away) but it's been on my mind and I can't find information regarding this filter.  Corsair sells a PSU filter ($2.99) but does not sell a front filter.  This seems strange.

Any information on these filters, cleaning or replacing the front one, would be appreciated.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Apr 2014 at 3:28am
From what I gather from reviews, that case has a bottom psu filter that just slides out the back. Typical for a lot of cases. Might have to lift the 230t a little to get it out.

The front filter is glued in. You have to pop 3 clips on either side of front panel to remove it.   

Then just blow them out to clean.

Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Apr 2014 at 4:07am
Originally posted by bprat22

The front filter is glued in. You have to pop 3 clips on either side of front panel to remove it.
This was the information I was looking to find. 

I knew about the slide out PSU filter, but was concerned if I had to replace the front fascia filter it would be quite difficult.  So, yea, blowing them out and doing my best not to rip them seems the way to go.

I wonder if you buy the $12.99 front fascia is the glued in filter included. Big%20Smile

Thanks bprat.
 Post Reply Post Reply