Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Oct 2010 at 10:23am
The game does seem choppy sometimes, but I think that it's due to latency issues with the servers, and not performance.  I still have my Kentsfield QX6700 processor, and running 4gb of ram, with 295gtx's in SLI...so I doubt it's a fps issue, but I haven't looked into it.

Concerning the crafting, I really focused on it last night with some success.  I was using the following method, again with mild success.  I'm going to try your's tonight Sarah, as I have seen several people doing it other ways too.  I think the main thing is that Multi is bad, and White is the most stable of course.  Standard on white should bring better quality, but rapid should be used with more difficult recipes.  I just need to lvl up some more and I'm sure it will be easier.

White - Rapid / Standard
Yellow - Bold
Red - Standard
Multi - Wait

Again, there are hundreds of recipes on this site.  Gl

Edited by aCi11i3s - 02 Oct 2010 at 10:37am
aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 11:44am
I have to vent for a minute.  First off, crafting is crazy.  I tried using a million different patterns with the orbs and nothing works great.  Second, why am I still wearing the same gear at lvl 12????  I haven't found any gear shops, and nothing ever drops from mobs.  I went to the people's auction, and that made things worse.  What a cluster that is.  A ton of folks standing in a room, with no sign of what they are selling.  You have to randomly click on each to see the few scraps that they have available.  And I still didn't find any gear.  I JUST WANT A SHIELD!?!?!? Cry Anyone have any tips or advise?  PLEASE, as I am going crazy.  What am I missing in Gridania?
aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 2:24pm

K...been doing some research while at work today, and have new info.  Sorry for the morning b!tch fest, but I have been a gear hungry WoW junkie for so long, that it's hard to get accustomed to this.  It seems that most of the gear that I am seeking is crafted, and low level gear needs high level mats to craft.  This is creating a huge gap in available equipment at the moment.  I guess I'll either keep getting pwned by low lvl bees and squirrels or I'll jump back into Azeroth.  I'm trying to be patient.

Sarah View Drop Down
Hardcore Gamer

Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 4:39pm
So I didn't get a chance to check my FPS. I was unable to find a way to check my FPS. Is there a software I can use that will do so for me?

In regards to crafting, it is frustrating. I was using my method that I mentioned and while it previously worked really well, on an entire different one, it failed terribly. So I think over time its just going to be a learning curve, however it is extremely frustrating to not find a method that has better odds. Perhaps they intended it that way, who knows.

In regards to gear, I have noticed that too. I went looking for weapon and gear upgrades and found nothing. I found it curious that I was not seeing anything dropping from what I was killing except for some really random stuff that I assume is either junk or trade skill related. I haven't bothered to look at vendors as of yet, I figured I was going to just be stubborn and craft my own at that point. However then leads back to the previous frustrating experience.

Although, you probably shouldn't keep getting owned by low level bees and squirrels, lol. I think perhaps what the game is forcing us to do, is instead of solo, group up. So it might be worth your time to find a grind buddy.
Sarah
If you have sales questions, please contact craig@digitalstormonline.com

!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote !ender_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Sarah

So I didn't get a chance to check my FPS. I was unable to find a way to check my FPS. Is there a software I can use that will do so for me?

will show you a constant fps reading in a corner of your choice, will also record fps high/low/average, and record movies of what you are doing, if you so choose

Sarah View Drop Down
Hardcore Gamer

Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 4:57pm
Thanks ender I appreciate it! I will check out fraps tonight and see if I can get a rating on that.
Sarah

teaiewold View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote teaiewold Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 12:13am
my wife has been giving me updates on her progress. i think we talk about this game for about 45 mins a night. i personally love it, my plan to get her to play MMO's is coming to fruition, btw i just wanted to get her playing MMO's so we could play TOR when it comes out :)

anyway she been telling me the same things you are saying about gear and crafting. one thing she mentioned last night was that she started waiting during her crafting phases and it increased her success. she said she didn't fail on anything yesterday. she said she would choose an option (standard, rapid, bold) then choose wait, then choose another option. she said it worked great.

aC - she was complaining about not being able to have a shield either (she's a gladiator for now) so she started taking up all the crafting classes that it takes to make a shield.

as for the market place she also mentioned it's a clusterfack. just a ton of retainers all over the place even on top of each other. hopefully SE addresses the organization of the market place.
Sarah View Drop Down
Hardcore Gamer

Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 12:44am
So, I checked my FPS, in very crowded places like the Adventure's Guild, where there is a lot of people hanging around, I drop down to about 23 FPS with all settings maxed, and its still completely playable. When I wander out into the forest, I go up to about 60 FPS.

Hopefully that gives you some idea of what it would take.
Sarah

justin.kerr View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote justin.kerr Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 9:48am
you can use MSI afterburner to keep track of your FPS, in a nice graph form also, Big%20Smile
Fraps seems to slow the FPS down a bit also.
Sarah View Drop Down
Hardcore Gamer

Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 12:38pm
Is that your way of saying you would prefer a graph? lol, I will check it out when I get home tonight. Fraps just seemed to want to port information to excel, which is neither pretty to look at, nor fun to read through.
Sarah

aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 10:38am

"In or out"  after only a few days after release....I'm out.  I will return later when game is up and running.  Being a tank, and having to fear little squirrels in a forest is not my cup of tea without great reward.  And so far....there has been none.  Hopefully this will get better with time, but I'm heading back to Azeroth for now.  gl and happy hunting

teaiewold View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote teaiewold Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 12:24am
i think my wife is in the same boat. i gave her till next monday to decide if she wants to keep playing. that way we can cancel the sub before we have to pay for a month.
Sarah View Drop Down
Hardcore Gamer

Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 1:15pm
I guess I am on my own now! I will be the trooper and keep playing into high end content and see what that is like. For me, I enjoy the game, cause I can log in for 30 minutes, accomplish something, then log back out. I don't have to sit and do something for 5 hours to make progress.
Sarah

Skargg View Drop Down

Quote Skargg Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 3:17pm
Nope i still In. And will be to the end. It has a lot of flaws , but i know in the end they will be fixed. I am enjoying the game and that's all that matters for me.

Skarg
Sarah View Drop Down
Hardcore Gamer

Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 5:13pm
Right on Skargg, I am glad to hear it! At least I am not alone.
Sarah

Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 11:01pm
I put a fair share more time into FFXI than I would like to admit. Whoa

I'm just now getting started, though my GPU is currently at 1/2 of the *minimum* requirements for the game, so I'm relatively hindered.

So far, I'm about 50/50, there's a lot of core functionality that has been lost with this game that really just boggles my mind. On the other hand, I see so much room for improvement that its absolutely staggering. What is going to be interesting is to see whether or not SE can retain their player-base long enough to see the game through to its potential.

Granted, I'm, as of yet, very inexperienced in the game world, but as a long-time veteran of FFXI I feel as if though I'm able to make a few astute observations.

Good luck in game!
teaiewold View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote teaiewold Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 5:21am
well my wife doesn't want to give up the game totally so we aren't going to delete her toon. but i really need her to learn mmo mechanics for SWTOR so i'm pushing her to play WOW since i have a feeling the mechanics will be similiar and we all know WOW is easy mode for newbie's :) 

she actually feels kind of attached to her toon since this is the first time she's ever created a character in a mmo and doesn't want to kill it :)
Mortus View Drop Down

Quote Mortus Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 12:24am
ohhh Sara, or anyone still playing Hahaha what server ya decide to go with ? im getting up there in lvls on one already but still always solo and playing a lot less. would be nice to have someone to group up with and mess around here and there. 
aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 9:47am
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 11:32am
I was speaking to a friend about that. He is a hardcore FFXIV junkie (or well.. would have been). He played FFXI like there was no tomorrow. He thinks that its probably the best thing they could have done for the game, I tend to agree. The problem is, they've ruined their first impression, the good thing is, at least they seem to be aware of that fact.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12