Post Date: 2013-10-06

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dragonstorm View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Dragonstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Driver downloads
    Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 10:35am
According to a couple of reviews you guys don't have a page with driver downloads. So that means I'll have to hunt down all the downloads when I get my computer.
RIP XBOX360
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 10:45am
Correct...no drivers download page.   About the only driver you might need to update for the pc itself is the video card and GeForce.com has the latest if you go Nvidia card.  Very easy to use.  I wouldn't update even that,right away , unless you have a problem. 

Not sure what else you have for hardware to update.   I found it just easier to go to the manufacturers website.  But, that's just me.  Big%20Smile

fstcvc View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote fstcvc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 5:40pm
DS will have all the main drivers installed so your machine should be ready to go when you get it. There are way too many variations in hardware for them to carry all the updates and it's only recommended to update them if you're having issues or if there's some new functionality that it offers.

Don't fix what ain't broken!!
HailStorm II
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz
Asus Maximus VI Extreme
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum
3xSLI EVGA SuperClocked GTX TITAN
Samsung 840Pro SSD 256GB+512GB
HydroLux+XSPC CPU/MoBo/GPU Liquid Cooling
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 12:10pm
Systems will come with the latest drivers our team feel are the most stable. If we keep our own drivers page, it makes it hard to keep it accurate and up to date. The only driver you really need to update all the time is the graphics card, which NVIDIA/AMD make very easy when you visit their website.
Meller View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Meller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 12:18pm
It's highly recommended, regardless of where you buy your system/hardware, including individual hardware, to never use the included driver CD's anyways. 

All manufacturers (of hardware) recommend always going directly to their site for the newest.

You realize how hard it would (and by hard I mean time consuming) for DS to keep a download page with the most update to date drivers for every single brand and piece of hardware.

Windows 7 and Windows 8 have the majority of all common hardware built in.  The only things you'd ever need to check up on is maybe drivers for your motherboard and gpu.  Thankfully, Nvidia control panel will automatically check for updates for you.

So as for hunting down drivers when you get your PC.  You won't really have much hunting if any at all.  But if you're really worried about it, please give me a list of the parts that you're concerned with and I'll go get the links for ya.
cnevis View Drop Down

Quote cnevis Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 9:08pm
I need to reinstall the Realtek WLAN Drivers, but I don't know which ones I need. They aren't on the disks that came with either. I haven't had my Laptop for a week yet and I'm having to try and fix stuff. Looking at system restore all the driver reads is "Installed REALTEK PCIE Wireless LAN Driver. I need THAT driver.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 3:16am
cnevis.. I replied in your other posting under Tech Support.

Good luck.
Theokritos View Drop Down

Quote Theokritos Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by Dragonstorm

According to a couple of reviews you guys don't have a page with driver downloads. So that means I'll have to hunt down all the downloads when I get my computer.

If, like me, you do bare metal builds of your system with any frequency, having the minimum drivers is really necessary. Look in your Digital Storm binder and you should find all of your hardware's installation disks with the possible exception of the GPU cards. (I have read that some folks get these in their DS binder, I didn't. vOv).

Please note that not all of the drivers load automagically. I had a couple of front-facing USB 3.0 ports that were missing drivers after my first bare metal build. After a bit of hardware detective work, I found drivers on the vendor's web site, and much later discovered a copy of the needed driver on the motherboard driver and utility disk. The motherboard driver utility loaded just about ever driver needed but that one USB 3.0 driver.    Oops

If you do not perform bare metal builds, then about the only time you will need to update your drivers is to fix a problem with a failing driver and those fixes will be provided by the vendor of your hardware. The one exception being the GPU cards. AMD and NVIDIA provide enhanced functionality, performance improvements and problem fixes in their driver updates, so you will want to install and use the vendor's update program.

Velox
Cool and Quiet
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X
32GB DDR5 5200MHz
Radeon RX 7900 XTX
 Post Reply Post Reply