FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Digital Storm - Poor Communication?

Post Date: 2014-12-19

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AC44 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote AC44 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Digital Storm - Poor Communication?
    Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 11:38am
Over two weeks ago I sent some questions using Digital Storm's "Request Help" form on their site and I've still yet to receive any sort of reply or even an acknowledgement that they received the message. I thought maybe the message was somehow lost, so I resent it at the beginning of this week, but I still haven't heard anything.

I did actually call and talk to a sales representative about a couple of my questions before I had sent my initial email, but I would like to have a written record of my questions answered before I actually make any purchase (especially one as large as a computer).

Is it normal for Digital Storm to be so unreliable and slow in their correspondence? I find this rather unsettling, especially if I were to have issues with my computer after I receive it.
I'm also rather irritated, because I was hoping to take advantage of their holiday promotion, but this doesn't seem to be a possibility at this point since it's taking so long to get a response.

If it is normal for Digital Storm to take over two to three weeks to respond to help requests, about how long can I actually expect to wait before receiving a response?
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 11:57am
Holiday season, lots of sales and promotions... is it normal, not really, but things happen.

Try to email [email protected] .. he's pretty much the 'go-to' guy around there.

The one thing that you will never have to worry about with DS is if you have issues with the machine. While everybody talks good customer service, Digital Storm backs it up. That should be the least of your worries, imho.
AC44 View Drop Down

Quote AC44 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 12:20pm
Thanks for your reply! That's a little reassuring that maybe it's just a "holiday rush" kind of issue. But I have to admit my confidence isn't quite where I need it to be to put the money down to buy a computer.

Would it be appropriate for me to email Alex? When I had been looking into Digital Storm these past couple months, I noticed that he does a lot to help people out here in the forums, but since I'm not an actual "customer" yet do you think it would be okay to bother him with this?
 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 12:34pm
There is a Build Comments section at the bottom of the order form. If you put anything in there, they'll make sure that everything is squared away before processing the order.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 12:38pm
Alex is exactly the person to contact if you're unhappy for any reason. He won't shy away and whether it's a customer, a potential customer or no customer at all doesn't matter.

Best of luck and Welcome to the forums .

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 12:43pm
Hi AC44,

Thank you for your interest in getting a new Digital Storm system, we would love to have you as a customer.

We definitely DO NOT take that long normally to respond to customers. Worst case is usually within the next business day for inquires sent over the website's contact forms.

I'm not sure what happened with your requests, but I am looking into them now. It could have been an oversight by our team or someone must have forwarded your questions to another team member that was out sick during the holidays.

Nevertheless, I will have our team email you shortly with answers to your questions. You may also reach me via email "[email protected]" at any time.

Thanks!
Eggy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Eggy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 12:44pm
What bprat and Snaike said. Alex was (is) my go-to for any issues. I was in contact with him numerous times both before and after I became a customer. He makes it known that our business is valued, and I'm sure will answer your questions in as timely a fashion as possible. Like Snaike mentioned, we are in the holiday "rush" right now.

I would also recommend talking to Brian via the LiveChat feature. He is great for answering questions, and you can have a transcript of the chat emailed to you, that way all of your questions/answers can be used for reference.

Lastly, make use of the forums. There is a wealth of knowledge that hangs out here, and depending on your questions, some of the more experienced members may be able to set you straight!

Good luck!

Edit: Looks he beat me by a minute!

Edited by Eggy - 19 Dec 2014 at 12:45pm
"King Solomon"
Hailstorm II

Intel Core i7 5930k
16GB DDR4 2666MHz
Rampage V
3x GTX 980
HydroLux Level 4 (3x GPU + CPU. No chipset)
ArkansasWoman777 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 12:45pm
Alex is here
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Ordered: 11-27-12
Stage 1: 11-29-12
Stage 2: 12-2-12
Stage 3: 12-2-12
Stage 4: 12-4-12
Stage 5: 12-4-12
Stage 6: 12-10-12
Stage 7: 12-12-12
AC44 View Drop Down

Quote AC44 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 12:56pm
Thank you everyone for your help and input! I really appreciate it. :)

Hello, Alex, thank you so much for your reply and helping me with my problem! I'll keep an eye out for that email and get in touch with you if I encounter any other issues.

Edited by AC44 - 19 Dec 2014 at 12:58pm
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 1:20pm
You all are great people. Glad to be of help, that's my job here.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 3:59am
Originally posted by Eggy

Edit: Looks he beat me by a minute!

Yea... he has an annoying habit of doing that...  that Alex.. just who does he think he is...?

Wait... nevermind.    Hahaha

AC44... glad to see that you're getting the help that you requested.  I do hope the DS family really gets to show you why there are so many loyal customers.  It's not just the kickass machines, anyone can make those...  it's the people who stand behind them that makes DS such a great place.
 Post Reply Post Reply