FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CPU-Z Ram Timings not registering ? linX FAIL !

Post Date: 2012-07-19

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
samrshannon View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote samrshannon Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: CPU-Z Ram Timings not registering ? linX FAIL !
    Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 5:42pm
hello , please excuse any noob questions , but when i open CPU-Z my ram timings don't show . it shows 16340 MB available ram . in the SPD tab i cant even select any slots. ive also tried to run linX a few times after i received a BSOD ( physical memory dump error ) and cant seem to make past six passes ...Confused  any help is greatly needed and appreciated. thanks, sam

EDIT : memory tab show 16340 mb available , all other categories blank.
          SPD: all blank ! cannot select any slots !!

i am confused .....

Edited by samrshannon - 19 Jul 2012 at 6:09pm
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 7:55pm
Try a newer version or CPU-Z? It should show, if not, you can always verify the timings in the BIOS as well.

LinX is no longer a good tool to test real-world stability, especially with Ivy Bridge. Even ASUS's overclocking guru "JJ" does not recommend it for Ivy Bridge. If you want to test stability, use AIDA64. It also tests all aspects of the CPU with all of the latest Ivy Bridge technology improvements.
samrshannon View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote samrshannon Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 11:56am
thank you alex , CPU-Z 1.61 displays my statistics ! i will try using AIDA64, but the only reason i was stressing the PC was b/c of the BSOD i had received ( physical memory dump ) . the problem has not duplicated so am i going overboard by testing the system ? it is only 3 weeks old . also , if linX was used by DS to stress the system why cant i seem to get past 16 passes ( as of last night ) before it stops on error ? one last thing, i have been trying to activate the LED lighting system i had put in the chassis but cannot seem to activate it ? i feel almost STUPID for even having to ask this. thanks again ahead of time ,sam

Edited by samrshannon - 20 Jul 2012 at 11:57am
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 12:09pm
We stopped using LinX to stress-test the systems. if the BSOD has stopped, it may have been due to a driver or software issue instead of the overclock as well.

Try flipping the switch in the back of the system in the PCI-slots, it's a small red switch. If that does not turn the lighting on, open the system, and check the cables that go to the power invertor box for the cold cathode tubes, that may have gotten loose in shipping, and then try flipping the switch again (red one) to see what happens.

If you still can't get it to work, feel free to contact our team directly.
 Post Reply Post Reply