CorsairH110

Post Date: 2015-01-21

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
michaeljhuman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote michaeljhuman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: CorsairH110
    Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 9:21am

I changed my order to this cooler from the DS 240mm radiator cooler. Anyone interested in commenting on the 110?

I know the 110i is coming out, but that did not seem to be an option
"The other day, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. What an elephant was doing in my pajamas, I will never know"
Groupie
Groupie

Quote michaeljhuman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 10:58am
Would be nice if Corsair had set up a machine so one could compare appples to apples with each of their H coolers. If you pay $30 for 1 degree improvement, that would be a bit disappointing :)
"The other day, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. What an elephant was doing in my pajamas, I will never know"
Groupie
Groupie

Quote michaeljhuman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 11:00am
This is interesting.   It was tested as being not as good at less than full load as some cheaper coolers

But it looks impressive at full load

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Corsair/H110/6.html

That's just one review, so I take it for what it's worth, but under 60C at full load seems ok
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 11:42am
Benches I've seen compared to the H100i, show the H110 a couple of degrees better cooling under load and a couple of dba quieter than the H100i on quiet mode. Not all tests agree but that's the general feeling.   For all intents, they both perform fairly similar.  

The advantage , at least for me, of the H110  is its simplicity....no LED, no software or firmware to worry about, no Corsair Link   and no fan headers built into the pump head.    A single cable comes off it to plug into the mobo cpu_fan header.  The fans plug into the mobo headers for any control you might want.

The advantage for me, the simplicity, is what most others would complain about and not like.  Everyone to their own.  Big%20Smile

Groupie
Groupie

Quote michaeljhuman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 11:58am
What you say makes sense. I can see the desire for a simpler setup.

One would hope the 140mm fans do run quieter, and perhaps cooler.

If it was me building it, I would have gone with the 100i as it seems somewhat more likely to be easier to install due to the fan size. But apparently you have to connect to USB for the link. The lit up Corsair logo on the 100i is desirable, but perhaps not at the expense of the added complexity.

Thanks for your comments

Post Reply Post Reply