FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Configuration needs! help me!

Post Date: 2015-03-11

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Critcrying View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Critcrying Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Configuration needs! help me!
    Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 3:57pm
Budget:
$1-$1100

Expectations:
I need something that can run games at high FPS mostly; Tera, Rift, World of Warcraft, Heroes of the Storm

Usage:
Strickly gaming, some light editing but not much really.

Special Needs:
I need high FPS and great graphics. I have had a dual core and mobile ATI radeon 7700 in my Laptop for ever.. Plus it overheats easily after changing battery cleaning fans and all that. IM SO OVER THIS!!!

Saved Ticket #: [Please Type Here]

Specifications:
I'm stuck between Intel and AMD. I have an AMD CPU and video card with integrated 512GB(so bad i know) The laptop can handle games at 20FPS normal but on medium to low settings. I want something that can play my games FLAWLESSLY with room to upgrade, but also something with a nice rugged build from the start. I'm an AVID gamer and want to stream more often as well.. Please help me choose a build! This will be my second gaming computer(besides my old one back in the floppy drive days. All the help will be much appreciate!

Just wanted to say DS is GREAT! And I love the support i've had over the years. I've always wanted a computer from here but never had a chance to buy one.. Now that taxes are coming around this is the first thing I want, I want it for al my needs and future use as well. Thank you DS for always providing great service. PLEASE KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK!! You guys are great. I recommend you to EVERYONE that comes in my work looking for a gaming rig!
 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 4:59pm
Vanquish Level 3 or Eclipse Level 1 will be your best bets. Both have i5-4590 CPUs and GTX 960 GPUs, which should be good for most games at 1080p.
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 5:14pm
Hi Critcrying,

Welcome to the DS Forum.

The Vanquish II level 3 is a very good choice with a 690 GPU and a 4590 CPU. I don't like the pre-configured Eclipses because of the 400w Power Supply. That limits your upgrade possibilities.

You best choice, but $300 over your budget, is the Vanquish II Level 4. This gives you a better CPU, a better GPU, A SSD, upgraded CPU cooler and a SLI Motherboard. A lot of power for the money. If you are budget limited then go with the Vanquish II Level 3. Somewhere in the Vanquish or Eclipse systems you will find just what you need or want.

Frank

Edited by FrankW - 11 Mar 2015 at 5:16pm
Critcrying View Drop Down

Quote Critcrying Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 5:20pm
I thought the same with the 400w supply as well. I wouldn't mind going out of my budget around 1500, I have been considering your guys options! I appreciate it
Kaelara View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Kaelara Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 8:55pm
If your willing to go as high as 1500 I would go with the vanquish build 4 and opt for the alternative case they are offering now -K380 ALTERNATIVE- it looks cool and rugged. And you get a better GPU with it in the GTX 970
Kaelara

Velox
Asus X99 Rampage V
Intel i7-5820k 3.3
16G DD4 2800Mhz Ram
2x SLI Dual Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 4GB Asus Strix Edition
Corsair H110 280mm Radiator Liquid CPU Cooler

Post Reply Post Reply