Post Date: 2014-10-19

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jonathanstable View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jonathanstable Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Compuet Help
    Posted: 19 Oct 2014 at 6:50pm
Hello there guys at digital storm. I am Jonathan, I am willing to buy a computer for my son. But my question is which one of the following computers is the best in overall. My son plays this new game called Minecraft and he also does Youtube Gaming Comentary. Because i am going to give him a computer secretly for christmas i couldnt ask him much but of what i could he told me that he needed a good graphics card and much RAM. so the computers i mentioned before are The Apollo, Slade and the Virtue. My budget is no more than 1600 but if needed i could add little bit more you could send me a message at [email protected] with the answer thank you so much and have a good day.
Have a nice day,
Jonathan M
Ariktu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Ariktu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Oct 2014 at 9:11pm
I think the best bet is the Vanquish level 4. It has a great video card. The 8 GB of ram is decent and you could always upgrade that later.
Meller View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Meller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 6:35am
Sorry if you don't receive many emails. Most of us just post on here, rather than email each other. So hopefully no offense is taken, as we're a very support community.

For your budget, the Vanquisher II level 4 is your best bet.

Th i5 4690k is the best of the best i5's there is. 8GB of ram is plenty of starter ram that he will most likely not use up, but if he does, you have 2 extra ram slots to upgrade to 16GB (my recommendation is to upgrade to 16GB... it's just nice to have that safety net and extra memory). The GTX 970... enough said. It will play minecraft with 0 hiccups at 1080p. You get an SSD for very fast boot up times, fast windows response, and it's just big enough for one or two games, but you also get a 1TB Hard Drive for all of your data storage.

So if he's playing several games, he officially can't install them all on just a 120GB SSD. But he can install them all on his HDD and simply drag them off his HDD onto his faster SSD for some great game play. And minecraft is a good example of a game that loves a SSD.

Plus with a budget of $1600, that leaves room for a monitor if you need one (and this GTX 970 can easily do a two monitor set up). If he already has a monitor, you can use that extra money to buy him a new keyboard and mouse. And trust me when I say a nice new keyboard and mouse goes much further than one would think.

At the end of the day. The Vanquisher II level 4 is your best bet with your budget.

Looking forward to hearing from ya when/if you make your purchase!

PS The Vanquisher II pc's are all built to sell. Meaning they are all pre-built. When you order it, they simply test it to make sure it's good to go and ship. So you'll USUALLY see the PC shipped in a few days, compared to say the Apollo which can take a couple of weeks before it ships. So you'll get it quickly!
Custom PC
Ryzen 9 5950X
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme
128GB DDR4 3600mhz
EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Samsung 980 Pro 512GB m.2
Samsung 960 PRO 2TB m.2 x2
 Post Reply Post Reply