Clock_Watchdog timeout

Post Date: 2014-11-18

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
eldente View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote eldente Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Clock_Watchdog timeout
    Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 10:50pm
Soooo ugh...what is this...lol..I haven't seen a blue screen in yeeeeears. Got one today though. Is this some windows 8 bullsh*t? lol
eldente View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote eldente Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 12:34am
*bump*
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 12:38am
"Clock_Watchdog" .... Confused  WTH is that?

If I had to guess.. something to do with OC'ing.  I've got 8.1 and I've never seen it.  I'm not OC'd.
ArkansasWoman777 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 5:13am
The CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error means that your processor is having trouble with cooperation from its cores and threads. Threads are tasks taken by cores, and some cores can take many threads simultaneously. The problem here is that a thread is waiting for a proper response from another thread — or a core is waiting for a response from another core — and those responses aren’t coming. Therefore, you get this BSoD error.

While this is a processor problem, this can be caused by two things: a driver error, which is very likely if you’re using Windows 8, or the OS itself isn’t playing nice with the processor. First question: how long have you had this computer? Has it been working fine until now?

How do I fix it?

If so, just use System Restore to go back to a point where the system worked. Be wary of using any new devices that may have caused the problem.
If you’re able to boot into Safe Mode when your computer starts, run Driver Reviver to update all your drivers to their latest version. There’s a good chance this will clear up the problem.
You should also use Windows Update, and if you aren’t already using the latest device driver, install that as well.
Drivers are what is used to get your devices like your keyboard to interact with your computer, and while some misconfigured drivers can result in bad performance, bad drivers overwhelmingly result in BSoDs like CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT.

Windows Update can usually solve these problems, but installing new drivers is always advised if you don’t already have the latest version. You should also update your BIOS, which you can find at your motherboard manufacturer’s website, and install from there.
If, however, you can't boot into your computer at all or this error is still occurring, you're going to have to get personal help from Microsoft or your manufacturer.

found that on the web

Edited by ArkansasWoman777 - 20 Nov 2014 at 5:16am
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Ordered: 11-27-12
Stage 1: 11-29-12
Stage 2: 12-2-12
Stage 3: 12-2-12
Stage 4: 12-4-12
Stage 5: 12-4-12
Stage 6: 12-10-12
Stage 7: 12-12-12
eldente View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote eldente Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 8:55am
Thanks lady 7 of the Arkansas. I've tried some different thangs. Did a fresh system restore and seeing what happens from here. Then of that fails. I'm going to a windows 7 install and if it's still crashing I know it's the computer. And try stock CPU speeds.
 Post Reply Post Reply