FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

change keyboard color

Post Date: 2013-10-04

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
milo15618 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote milo15618 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: change keyboard color
    Posted: 04 Oct 2013 at 10:35pm
so I just got my Viper laptop and in the description it says "Viper’s customizable multi-zone backlit LED keyboard will keep gamers going well into the night. Personalize up to three color zones with five pre-configured themes."

Ive searched forums and searched around google and it seems people are just saying to hit fn + another key and I've been trying these with no success. I also cant find any software or driver on my computer to change the color. Some people say that I need a hotkey driver and what not but I cant find anywhere to download one. soooo... im at a loss

Can anyone help me out here?

bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 4:04am
Hi milo....Questions like this have come up before and the answer was to use the cd/dvd that comes with the laptop and load drivers for the feature.    You should have a manual that tells how to enable it also.
In the past the laptops were Clevo and their site was needed for latest dtivers, hut I'm not sure the manufacturer of the new line.

Email DS if this doesn't help.   Good luck.
milo15618 View Drop Down

Quote milo15618 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 8:36am
When I put the CD that came with it in and click on the install drivers button it does nothing. When I open browse CD from the menu two of the files are Win8 64 and win8 86. Im running win7 pro. Did they give me the wrong cd?
As far as a manual goes I have one to tell me how to take it apart and service the machine, and a quick 1/8 page manual that tells me what everything on the machine itself is. nothing about changing keyboard lighting. I've searched around for drivers on google and what not but have found nothing. I've even been to clevo site and have had no luck navigating there site. I emailed DS yesterday and have not gotten a helpful replay yet

Edited by milo15618 - 05 Oct 2013 at 8:39am
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 9:40am
I'm not a laptop guy, so I think some info from DS is needed.  Unless another owner of that laptop happens along. 

I would think you have a full manual but maybe, like games, its all downloads, now.  Which means, knowing the manufacturer.

Let us know what you find out in case it comes up again.  
frosty_fink View Drop Down

Quote frosty_fink Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jan 2015 at 7:15am
There is a disk that comes in the binder which is shipped with each laptop. I just had this issue ten minutes ago and solved the issue. The disk is "DEVICE DRIVERS & UTILITIES + USER'S MANUAL." Put this disk into the CD drive. A menu will show up. Click "install drivers." There is a specific driver for hotkeys. It does not take long at all to install. The PC will reset. The next time you log in, the hotkeys will work and you will be able to customize the lighting of your system. If it didn't work the first time, I would restart your system and try again. Hope this helps.
 Post Reply Post Reply