Post Reply Post Reply
Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sarah View Drop Down
Hardcore Gamer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Nov 2010 at 1:59pm
Logged into the game, already in Org and was like woah, whole new world, ha! Looks clean, but far too easy to get lost right now.
Sarah
If you have sales questions, please contact craig@digitalstormonline.com

Kaleliar View Drop Down

Quote Kaleliar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Nov 2010 at 4:27am
You should see what they did with shadowfang keep, and the deadmines. Its a lot of fun now.

Edited by Kaleliar - 25 Nov 2010 at 4:28am
Rock: "We're sub-standard DPS. Nerf Paper, Scissors are fine."
Paper: "OMG, WTF, Scissors!"
Scissors: "Rock is OP and Paper are QQers. We need PvP buffs."
Kaleliar View Drop Down

Quote Kaleliar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Nov 2010 at 12:38pm
Oh, if you guys remember hogger, he is the final boss of the stockades in stormwind.
aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Nov 2010 at 12:43pm
again...nice changes, and tons of them with this new patch.  Org was frustrating to begin with, but is just awesome now.  Running my alts through the new areas like Southern Barrens, etc, and loving how easy it is to group up for dungeon runs.  Still loving my Orc prot warrior above all, but that's why its called my main.  I'm not sure if I like that little tricycle everyone is shooting for, but I'm wearing the talbard for the rep anyway.  I'm sure there will be other benefits along the way.  The new blue gear is also pretty cheesy, but it will only push me harder to get the new tier sets.  Game just keeps getting better overall, and only 11 days to Cat. 
Wink
Sarah View Drop Down
Hardcore Gamer

Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 5:42pm
aC, what is this tricycle that you speak of? Can you provide a link so I can figure out how to get it for myself! lol
Sarah

Mystilis View Drop Down

Quote Mystilis Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 9:06pm
Sarah,u can get the trike by getting the tabard by the FP in org,its a goblin on a trike,its easy to get the rep up,chain heroics u can get it in 4-5 hours.
aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 11:20am
Sarah...I'm sure you've seen the trikes by now, as just about everyone has one.  Kinda like my Headless Horseman mount =(.  I used to feel like the only one who had that mount and now they're everywhere.  I have the rep for the trike, but probably won't be riding on it much.  Too 'toys r us' for an orc to ride on.  We ride on beasts of death!!!  lol  New changes are awesome, and loving running the new / old dungeons with my alts.  I'm just a little upset about the Cat server launch time being 12am pst for the first time since WoW has been out.  Guess Blizz devs just wants to cut off the majority of the country off for 3 hours just so they can play first and get world first achievements.  Oh well, nothing's perfect.  Happy hunting.

Edited by aCi11i3s - 04 Dec 2010 at 11:21am
aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Dec 2010 at 11:23am
Who's 85?  Who is replacing their epic gear with greens?  What a great launch day, with little issues, and tons of fun.
Sarah View Drop Down
Hardcore Gamer

Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Dec 2010 at 2:45pm
I didn't get to play until I got home last night, but I made sure to get to 81 before my night was over. It makes me cry a little to see my hard earned epic gear being replaced by these insane green drops that seem to be dropping like candy.

I am loving the underwater zone, it makes me want to sing.."under the sea" the entire time I am down there. There is a lot of easter eggs within that zone as well which is making it fun also.

All in all it has been a well handled launch by Blizzard, they have handled mob spawning issues for zone overloads, I experienced no lag at all during my game play, and everything has been very smooth and well performing. They have done an excellent job on the release and I look forward to further exploring Cata.

Oh, and the seahorse mount that I now have, totally cool.
Sarah

aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Dec 2010 at 6:55pm
yes, the mob spawning issues are gone.  I was killing a mob last night, and just stood there to re-kill the same for credit.  Very fast respawns, and very much needed with all the peeps. 

My gear getting replaced just reminds me of my first journey into the Outlands.  Made my tier set seem stupid, and made me a little sad too. 
Sneakerz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Sneakerz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 3:05am
I almost cried when I replaced my Frozen Bonespike dagger on my Warlock with a simple green that dropped off a mob. Cry I ran ICC for weeks to get that weapon haha.

Blizz has handled the launch very well and respawn rate for mobs is awesome. I sold a stack of the new cloth the other day for 100g and I couldn't believe it. Working on my Alchemy now because early adopters will pay ANYTHING to have the newest stuff and it just makes me rich haha.
Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.9
80GB Intel SSD
Nvidia GeForce GTX 580
Stage 4 LCS
Sarah View Drop Down
Hardcore Gamer

Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 12:47pm
Yeah, I maxed out herbalism before the expansion went live so I could make some profit, especially since I don't do alchemy its pure sales for me on that. It helps fund the fact that im an engineer.
Sarah

Sneakerz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Sneakerz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 2:01am
Yeah I wish I would have been thinking about working on herbalism. I got alchemy to 500 lastnight and made my first new epic trinket. Its pretty sweet to already have a new epic trinket and I'm not even 85 yet. Wish I could sell them I would make a boatload but its Alchemy specific and BoP =(
Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.9
80GB Intel SSD
Nvidia GeForce GTX 580
Stage 4 LCS
aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 11:57am
I only have mining to 475 so I could farm Elementium while I quest/lvl.  Don't want to miss those nodes if they're there.  I've also noticed that many of the mobs are mineable (if that's a word) after death, allowing you to gain more resources.  May explain the lack of nodes laying around.  I'm still just focusing on hitting 85 first, and then I'll max out everything.  Hopefully that will be tonight!
Mystilis View Drop Down

Quote Mystilis Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 2:31pm
was in deepholm for 2 days herbing,now they nerfed and can barely find any nodes.QQ,you were lucky to get the first 2 days in herb/mining for stuff but now,its sad i can barely find 1 heartblossom in 5 minutes.
Sarah View Drop Down
Hardcore Gamer

Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 8:05pm
Yeah, im selling a stack of herbs from Cata at 250g a pop for each stack, some times more it depends on the herbs, and its all selling within 5 minutes of me placing the auction up.

I'm making a killing on herbs.
Sarah

aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 9:43am
herbs seem less competitive than ore.  I was buying elementium yesterday for almost 500g a stack.  yes, I'm one of those that would rather spend than gold than dig, so at least I keep you frugal folks in business.  =)
Sarah View Drop Down
Hardcore Gamer

Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 1:57pm
Oh, im not frugal, I just know how to make my money. My main right now has engineering and herbalism, but my other toon has smithing and mining, so im pretty well covered in my needs, which is why I picked up herbalism to make extra money. I've made like 3k in the last day. Oh, and im 49% away from 85 then I can work on maxing out guild achievements and archeology while sitting in 45min + dungeon ques!
Sarah

aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 3:07pm
You've got it made in the shade!  I've only got my main, and I'm smith and mining too.  I have been doing the same thing while waiting on dungeons, all though the q's don't seem to take too long.  I also like the new archeology skill, and I'm having fun with that little telescope.  We are only at guild lvl 4 at the moment, but that will hopefully increase sooner than later.  Grats on the upcoming 85!!!  Less of a grind at that point =)

Anyone not liking the new expansion that sold 3.3 million in the first 24 hours?
Sarah View Drop Down
Hardcore Gamer

Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 3:50pm
One thing that does irk me though is that the reputation you can earn with your guild is maxed by weeks. It took me 2 days to max out my weekly reputation gain with the guild. So at this rate it is going to take me forever to max out my reputation with the guild in general, so that is a bit frustrating.

I would be curious to see how long it takes because once we run out of quests to do, it will be a lot harder to earn guild reputation as far as I am aware.

My guild is currently level 4 though, we are maxing out our daily xp gain within hours each day since we are all hard at work on playing, some of us around the clock, lol. We are already working on clearing all the heroic dungeons that are new, and gearing up for the raiding content.

We are not the best guild on the server, but we enjoy what we do and progress.
Sarah

Dragoonseal View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Dragoonseal Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 3:53pm
NERD!

..But that's a good thing. Cool
Lilim
Intel Core i7 920 @4.2GHz
HAF 932 - Dual SLI Nvidia GTX 480s
3x Intel X25-M G2 (80GB) SSD RAID0
R.I.P. Sinbad the cat (November 16, 1996 - April 18, 2011)
Sarah View Drop Down
Hardcore Gamer

Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 5:05pm
I totally am..to the point to where people could probably guess what I spent every free hour doing this weekend...

But its alright, because in the process of that, I still manage to have a full time job, an active social life, and if I didn't tell you I played WoW, you would probably never know, unless you looked at my Horde t-shirt, or my Horde beanie, or my Blizzcon hoodie..or my Horde keychain, or came into my house and saw the collectors editions on display in the livingroom...or the figurines from the game....are we seeing a pattern yet? lol
Sarah

Kaleliar View Drop Down

Quote Kaleliar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 12:32am
I hit 85 in 2 days.  My dk and mage are both 81. Heroics are a pain if you don't know the fights
Totally pinned you as a horde player when we met. (About 2 years ago)

Edited by Kaleliar - 14 Dec 2010 at 12:35am
Sarah View Drop Down
Hardcore Gamer

Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 12:13pm
Tonight is the night I hit 85. I'm less than 40% away, and don't have any family obligations tonight, so its going to happen! 
Sarah

Kaleliar View Drop Down

Quote Kaleliar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 1:28pm
Wait till heroics. first boss in Grim Batol H, has 4M HP

Sarah View Drop Down
Hardcore Gamer

Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 2:33pm
My guild is already running the heroics and im hearing all about how brutal it is. I'm excited about it. I am also loving the fact that tanks now have 129k hp now for instances!
Sarah

aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:59am
I agree that the guild leveling system is a bit 'whack' at best, but it is new and a work in progress.  (hopefully o.O)  The heriocs are nuts, but I'm loving the hp now too.  I'm 90k+ in Fury and 120+ in prot.  NICE.  I like the new dungeons and the challenges of each.  It's definitely a lot more fun than easlily slamming down randoms in Wrath.  That became tiresome.  Grats on the 85 tonight, and you're not a NERD.  The word is GEEK!  Zug Zug
Big%20Smile
Sarah View Drop Down
Hardcore Gamer

Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 1:14pm
I did hit 85 last night and now I am working on maxing out Archaeologyand let me tell you, they made it painfully slow and some what boring, but I continue on in the hopes of a pet, or a mount.

It involves a lot of traveling, a lot of patience and boredom! It is best done while waiting in que so you are being double productive. It took me 30 minutes to get to 20 skill points, and I flew all over Kalimdor in the process.
Sarah

YoursTruly View Drop Down

Quote YoursTruly Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:43pm
This is probably a stretch, but I was curious if Windows 7 and Cata would fit on a 40gb SSD.  (Including small addons or if the addons could go onto a HDD and WoW still benefit from the SSD, if thats even possible) any replies would be nice ^-^

Edited by YoursTruly - 15 Dec 2010 at 11:45pm
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote !ender_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 12:04am
its possible it would fit if you didnt have a lot of addons and its possible you would bluebar faster but on the whole really not a very cost effective idea
YoursTruly View Drop Down

Quote YoursTruly Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 12:09am
Thanks ^^, That's been on my mind for awhile lol. Yeah, I don't have much use for a SSD in general, but I've gotten a 40gb one with a new rig that should be here sometime next week,  as a gift :D so I thought why not improve my WoW.
Sneakerz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Sneakerz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 2:48am

My main (Warlock) just hit 525 Alchemy and transmuted my first Truegold.....within 5 mins it sold for 2200g.....with a 24hr CD I have a feeling this is going to be a GREAT investment. Mats cost me about 1500g (I'm too lazy to farm them) so a 700g profit is not bad at all.

Working on Archeology also is a pain but like you said its best done when waiting on instance queue's. I just hit 30 the other day and solved my first piece! The heroics are a joke right now. Our tank who had 160k health was getting smashed by trash mobs and stuff. Things have definitely changed and hopefully for the better.

Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.9
80GB Intel SSD
Nvidia GeForce GTX 580
Stage 4 LCS
Sarah View Drop Down
Hardcore Gamer

Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 12:30pm
Um, dont do any combines on Arcehology until your at least a minimum of 75 in skill, or even further, basically skillup on Surveying first as much as you can stomach because once you hit a certain point, you can skillup on surveying anymore you can only skillup on combines.
Sarah

aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 12:05pm
That's good advice Sarah...thx.  I was trying to work on that last night during random q's, but the q's did not last for more than a minute or so.  I am a tank, so I don't know if that helps, but the randoms were very fast yesterday.  I'll try and just survey tonight, and not run those hard asss dungeons.  I've got almost 140k now, and still takin a beatin in some of the runs.  But I'm really enjoying the new challenge, as well as all the new quests, that are full of suprises and great content.

Edited by aCi11i3s - 17 Dec 2010 at 12:06pm
Sarah View Drop Down
Hardcore Gamer

Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 1:21pm
Thats why your que is short, its always short for tanks and healers. DPS have a 45+ minute wait as far as que's go. I am about 50 now in archeology and I have found it faster to fly all over Kalimdor with my own mount then to use the Wyverns, thats pretty sad.

Its a slow process, I am collecting my artifacts and fossils and will not "solve" anything until I have pushed my skill as far as I can surveying. I have read reports of people going as far as 100 with it, however I don't know if I have the stomach to go that long without solving my finds.

The only thing that keeps me going with archeology is the hopes of a fossil mount.
Sarah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>