Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Cataclysm
    Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 3:36pm

AwesomeLess than 30 days away!!!! DroolingI've never seen so many people running random h's in my life.  lol. 

Kaleliar View Drop Down

Quote Kaleliar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 4:48pm
its a ton of fun when you play a tank.
Rock: "We're sub-standard DPS. Nerf Paper, Scissors are fine."
Paper: "OMG, WTF, Scissors!"
Scissors: "Rock is OP and Paper are QQers. We need PvP buffs."
Sarah View Drop Down
Hardcore Gamer

Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 4:49pm
Forget being a tank, I am loving my DPS DK, my DPS has gone through the roof since the last patch and its awesome!

I am very much looking forward to Cata, the only thing that makes me sad is I won't finish the insane achievement before the expansion goes live, and I am not sure the achievement will be available after the expansion.
Sarah
If you have sales questions, please contact craig@digitalstormonline.com

aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 12:05pm
WoW did lower the rep points for the "Insane in the Membrane" achievement, but yes its a lot of work.  I think that it is going away too.  There will be plenty more new achievements, and hopefully a crazy one =).

Yes DK's did get a boost, and now I see them everywhere.  I'm rolling a DK goblin....lol.  nvm.

Yes, tank is the place for me.  Still love my warrior, even tho Blizz thought it best to nerf us...we still rock!  zug zug
Sarah View Drop Down
Hardcore Gamer

Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 12:14pm
Yeah, I am sure there will be new harder achievements, but, when your in the middle of the Insane one, and your badly hated with goblins...it makes it seem like it was all just a waste, a bit frustrating to be honest.

I will probably check out one of the new races, just haven't decided yet if I really want to or if I want to focus on my DK and make sure he is geared for end content raiding.
Sarah

aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 5:03pm
I would at least grab your main and max out on justice points, and stock pile as much gold as possible.  I think the justice point cap is at 4k atm.  Can be used to buy blue gear with expansion.  Yeah, blue, but still better than our current T10.  I'm also maxing out all my professions.  I only needed fishing and cooking, but getting those done.  What a bore.  New flasks, feasts, and pots look great too.  One that can change you into a drake mount, that one of your friends can ride on.  o.O  Will be a blast.  Happy hunting.
Sarah View Drop Down
Hardcore Gamer

Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 5:34pm
Yeah, I am running my DK and working on justice points. I don't like that they are capped, but hey, what can ya do. I earn a fair amount of justice points between raiding ICC and doing random heroics, so it works out.

If you think flasks are a bore, try being engineering. This wasn't my original main, so I have been making a push the last few months to get as much done as I can on this guy before anything goes live.
Sarah

Kaleliar View Drop Down

Quote Kaleliar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 11:15am
Oh i know sarah. My main spec for my DK is tank. i went from barely able to pull 6k in a 25 ICC to 11k no problem. though the tank spec is handy when your doing heroics for points.
aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 12:44pm
I finished up fishing last night...now that's boring.  I will finish cooking by the end of the week.  Not as boring as fishing, but still not very fun.  Runnin ICC 10H tonight for gear and points, and I'm sure I'll be competing for aggro from some overly excited DK.  lol.  vigi for you.
Sarah View Drop Down
Hardcore Gamer

Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 1:11pm
Oh yeah, I DPS on my DK and I have noticed that I have to really watch my agro. I don't even try and its like oh, my bad. Of course im hitting for 9k+ without even trying on a regular basis.
Sarah

Kaleliar View Drop Down

Quote Kaleliar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 2:07pm
my rogue has a worse problem. she hits for 15K without rupture (17.5k) with in a 25 man and i ALWAYS nab aggro before hero. so i cool it for a little bit then wait for hero and pop vanish.

Sarah View Drop Down
Hardcore Gamer

Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 2:57pm
Yeah, DPS actually have to watch what their doing now, because its far too easy to pull agro. I don't have a rogue, but I have thought about making one because I really enjoy DPSing.
Sarah

aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 3:59pm
It's great to hear from dps that they are pulling aggro much easier than before.  At least I know that it's not just me.  Taunt used to be my emergency button, and has now almost become part of rotation, especially with multiple mobs.  I'm not sure what Blizz was trying to achieve with this new aggro, but I miss my old rotation.  I am having success with my new prot spec, but just not as easy as it once was.  Keeps it exciting at least, and will not stop me from bustin skulls.  Some dps just might get busted up in the process =)
Kaleliar View Drop Down

Quote Kaleliar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 9:34pm
Rogues are easier to gear now. prior to the patch i was about to buy my second set of T10 and gem it for ArP (Combat) but held off. now i have points to burn so i bought it anyways and gemmed it with Int claiming it helps my poison damage.  (pisses off other rogues to no end).  Mut does better damage over time while Combat is far more efficient at burst (PP style fights). we are fun. ive got an 80 mage shammy 2 dk's, rogue and huntard. rogue is by far my fave but i like the DK for the different playstyle.

PS My DK is the only toon in the game so far with the name Kaleliar.
aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 5:37pm
I've been trying out different dps toons to level as my alt, but haven't landed on one yet.  Got a mage to 34 and shadow priest to 34 so far.  I prefer the priest atm, but not sure I like either one.  I started a "huntard" last night, and seems lots of fun.  Of course I named him J√§ger =P.  I'll give this a go, as I want to lvl a range dps, if I'm gonna have an alt at all.  Marksmanship seems a nice fit for the racial bonus of the trolls, and fun nukin those who can't reach you.  Have all the heirloom gear needed for an alt, and very excited about the new heirloom gear coming with Cat.  Cloak and helm...o.O, with guild lvls of 10 and 20.  Np there, and will be fun trying, and easier than ever lvl'n whoever I choose in the new Azeroth.  I've been skipping quests as much as possible and just jumping in random dungeons.  Server seems loaded with folks wanting to lvl new toons and grouping is easy.  Sry for the ramble...at work and bored.  GL & Happy hunting
Sarah View Drop Down
Hardcore Gamer

Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 6:50pm
Don't even get me started on dungeon glitches right now. I tried for an hour (after waiting on que for an hour) to get a proper dungeon run. Every time we got a tank or healer to join the group, they wouldn't be in the correct phase of the dungeon. So they couldn't see us and we couldn't see them. It was retarded.
Sarah

aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 9:37am
Huh?  That is weird.  I was running randoms last night with no issue.  The game is pretty glitchy right not tho.  I keep falling off my mount when I enter Dal or WG, and fall to my death.  Also, 'inspect' doesn't work half the time, but might be conflicting with Gearscore addon.  The quest locations on the map are also way off sometimes, and you have to relog to reset the map.  Just a lot of changes at them moment.  Cat launch day will probably be a laggy mess too, but I'll still try and force myself in Strong
Kaleliar View Drop Down

Quote Kaleliar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 6:08pm
lol im hoping my computer is back before cata. should get to DS on monday. Was hilarious. the fedex guy actually called me to tell me the weight of the computer. (69.8lbs). i told him its a WoW machine and he went to look up why i need a 70lbs machine for a game. 

Didnt know about new heirloom gear. then again ive been outta the wow loop for about a month now.
Scorp View Drop Down
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Scorp Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 3:44pm
Well since I moved from US to Europe, I will be leaving my full ICC 25 Heroic geared gnome mage and DK tank as wasted time and hard work thanks to Blizzard's no Continent transfer policy...

Ill be waiting till cata hits to start a worgen mage on EU servers...starting from the Beginning.... :(

Blizzard...I Am Disappoint.
aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 6:48pm
Yeah, kinda crazy how all the gear we have worked so hard for, will be obsolete with Cat.  I'm very unmotivated to grind ICC at this point except for Justice points, but I'm still very excited about the expansion.  Something new...something different =).
aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 11:04am
I have to say that last night was a ton of fun in Azeroth.  Defending Org and TB from those invasions, and them taking on bosses at random with strangers was just a blast.  It was great going into an instance, seeing a boss that you have no clue about, and then jumping head first into the melee.  There has and continues to be a big build up for the Cataclysm to come, with all the "Cultists" professing the end to come, the small earth quakes, the elementals, and now the invasions.  Well done Blizz...keep up the good work.  This is why WoW is still the best of the bunch.  SO much content.
Kaleliar View Drop Down

Quote Kaleliar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 11:42pm
And its balanced Endgame.  I see sooooo many complaints about how one class is OP in this or that PVP bracket... if you dont like it... level out.  Heck im thinkin of getting another rogue just for ambush fun in BG's.
Sarah View Drop Down
Hardcore Gamer

Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 12:52pm
The Cata event stuff that is going on right now is awesome. Although the city invasions get a little bit old, especially since we aren't really getting anything from it. I would like to see us get an achievement if we manage to defend the cities being invaded. But oh well.

The bosses though, thats quick, its easy and I got 2 upgrades so far out of it and just need 1 more and then well theres no point in my running those anymore either at that point, lol.
Sarah

Kaleliar View Drop Down

Quote Kaleliar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 1:23pm
My DK and Rogue both already outgear them, its sad.im playing on my gf's laptop and get maybe 20ish FPS but still pull 13k DPS in a 10man on my rogue.  Can't wait for the Beast to get fixed and sent back to me!.
aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 2:44pm
Nice DPS, and yes Rogues and DK are both OP atm, but that only helps where it counts for raids.  I'm still a little heart broken about my warrior getting nerfed, but we are still OP at heart.

The city invasions are fun, and troublesome now too.  I cannot enter the city when lvl'n a low toon, and even if I do sneek in, the quest givers are fighting and unavailable.  I still think that the entire process leading up to Cat is being done well, and very exciting.  My main's gear is of course higher than anything being dropped by those 4 elemental bosses, but still fun.

Leveling my hunter right now is more fun than it has ever been lvl'n a toon in WoW.  Random dungeons, Random BG's, and questing in the middle.  With heirloom gear, leveling has never been faster and more fun.  Well done Blizz, and what a change than the first time I created a toon, appeared in Durator, and had to kill pigs and wake up peons.  lol.  those were the days, and glad they are gone.
Kaleliar View Drop Down

Quote Kaleliar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 5:31pm
KILL THE HORDE PLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!
Sarah View Drop Down
Hardcore Gamer

Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 5:48pm
I think the horde out number you here Kaleliar.
Sarah

aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Nov 2010 at 9:29am
Lol...yeah, the Horde definitely outnumbers you here, and in my server too.  We took over IF and SW the other night and camped out.  It was tons of fun, and broke up the monotony of "For the Horde" that some needed.  I don't pvp very much, but maybe we'll see each other in a random BG at some point. 

btw..."For the Horde!...Zug, Zug"  Hahaha  What exactly does zug zug mean?  I'm sure the 'red shirt kid' could tell us.

Edited by aCi11i3s - 20 Nov 2010 at 9:29am
jelsin View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote jelsin Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 1:28pm
What server do you guys play on? Haha we should get a DS guild Strong
aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Nov 2010 at 10:19am
I play on Silvermoon, Horde of course Evil  a DS guild would be too leet and Blizz would soon ban us.  We could start off with a DS Arena team, and pwn each svr one at a time ):-))
mwilke View Drop Down

Quote mwilke Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Nov 2010 at 11:28am
4.0.3a today, new login screen is already up.
Sarah View Drop Down
Hardcore Gamer

Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Nov 2010 at 5:15pm
I'm at work selling awesome computers, someone tell me what the new Cata event is for this patch please!
Sarah

Kaleliar View Drop Down

Quote Kaleliar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Nov 2010 at 5:23pm
They are doing the actual Sundering. it wont be up till 5 PM your time Sarah. And I have played horde before. they are far more organized then alliance in my experience.
Sarah View Drop Down
Hardcore Gamer

Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Nov 2010 at 6:01pm
Sweet, im going to rush home tonight and join in!
Sarah

Kaleliar View Drop Down

Quote Kaleliar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Nov 2010 at 6:42pm
Live as of now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>