FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can anyone help me with iTunes

Post Date: 2014-05-18

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Socks223 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Socks223 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Can anyone help me with iTunes
    Posted: 18 May 2014 at 9:17am
First, I want to say that using my brand-new DS computer is one of the most pleasant and fantastic computing experiences I've ever had.  It literally recreated the excitement of getting my very first PC back in 1988! 

The only hassle I'm experiencing is not with DS, but with iTunes.  When I start it, I see:  “The registry settings used by the iTunes drivers for importing and burning CDs and DVDs are missing. This can happen as a result of installing other CD burning software. Please reinstall iTunes.”

This happened with my old clunker.  I had no CD burning software on it.  I reinstalled iTunes and it didn’t work, got the same message. Then I found a help section on iTunes that told me to change registry settings. I did that. Didn’t work, got the same message.

Then I bought my DS Slade.  Running Windows 7.1, all latest updates installed. So far as I can tell, it doesn't have any CD burning software, just games, internet browswer, and word processor. So I figured, “Now iTunes will work.”

Nope. Same message, same problem. Running latest version of iTunes, installed new to this machine in April when I got the Slade. It’s been about 11 months since I could last use iTunes, and since pretty much *all* I do is import and burn CDs, this is really cramping my style.

What the $&&$@%%@ is this?  Can anybody help me fix it?  Thanks in advance for any/all help.

Can anybody help me with this? I'd really appreciate any/all advice. thanks.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 May 2014 at 9:55am
I don't use iTunes, but have you tried reinstalling Quick Time?   I believe its needed for iTunes but not sure.   Or, go to Start, Computer, Uninstall Change Programs, and select it for change and Repair. 

Some long lost brain cell thought Quick Time was involved, but not sure. Hahaha

Good Luck. Big%20Smile

Edited by bprat22 - 18 May 2014 at 9:56am
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 May 2014 at 8:37pm
Quicktime is good start. Are you doing a selective manual install, or letting it install fully/automatically? 
 Post Reply Post Reply