FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Buzzing sound-Turtle Beach Headset

Post Date: 2014-07-21

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
soccerchick View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote soccerchick Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Buzzing sound-Turtle Beach Headset
    Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 10:35am

Good Morning-

Has anyone out there ever experienced an annoying buzzing sound coming from Turtle Beach X12 headset?
My son tried using his new headset with his new Vanquish ll and his friends tell him they can't understand what he is saying due to a loud buzzing sound.  It happens when he is playing games online, Skyping, etc...
Anybody else?
Thanks.
Theokritos View Drop Down

Quote Theokritos Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 10:51am
I have no experience with Turtle Beach Headset, but I have used several of the popular Voice over IP (VoIP) services (e.g. Mumble, Teamspeak, and Ventrilo). The most common cause of hum was feedback into the microphone. The next most common cause was other background noise. The third most common cause were configuration settings in the VoIP programs.

I have not encountered hum caused by other electrical devices when modern equipment is being used, though I can imagine a faulty cable or jack might create some issues, I'm not certain that hum is one of them.

Hopefully some of the forums more experienced hardware aficionados can offer better help.
Velox
Cool and Quiet
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X
32GB DDR5 5200MHz
Radeon RX 7900 XTX
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 10:57am
Try the audio plugs on the rear I/O panel if you're using the front ports.   I'm not sure the setup for front audio with that motherboard.

Maybe Alex or Nav will chime in about front panel audio.  Or, email them.

Like Theokritos said, a faulty plug, or not seated all the way can cause it.  Try moving the plug a small amount in and out to see if a better connection between the jack and plug helps.  Sometimes a misalignment can occur. 

Let us know.   Big%20Smile
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 11:02am
Good call on trying both the front and rear ports to see if that makes a difference.

Try using the built in Sound Recorder application to hear what other people hear.

You should also try a different set to make sure it's not the headset that isn't working right.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 6:12am
I use the Turtle Beach X12s and have had no buzzing in either front or rear ports. I did, however, have to turn down the mic gain (or 'input) because it was extremely loud. First time in, my platoon mates (world of tanks) told me to not to speak until I could fix my mic it was so loud.
 Post Reply Post Reply