Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
doz View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote doz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Buying new PC
    Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 8:51pm
Budget:
~$1500's, def less than $2000. No need for monitor, keyboard & mouse...

Expectations:
Never had any gaming pc before and finally taking a plunge. Obviously looking for best graphic pc for buck.

Usage:
Definitely for gaming pc (early 99/00 to the latest games) so the compatibility is highly sought after. Also, it's going to be used for watching movies (27' monitor) and if possible, I plan to hook it up to the projector.

Special Needs:
Plan to use for downloading large files and editing/saving/deleting so I'm wondering whether I need 2 hd's instead of one.

On with more questions:

What's the difference between HAF932 & HAF922?

Regarding overclocking, can anyone explain OC for CPU Boost, Video Boost and OS Boost? What exactly does OS boost do?

About internal lighting, is it on all the time, and how much does the lighting use electricity? Is there an on/off switch so I turn it off manually?

I just read somewhere that DSO's Thanksgiving sales is pretty substantial. As a matter of fact, should I wait for the Christmas sale?

Thanks.
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Online Status: Offline
  Quote !ender_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 10:12pm
$1764

922 vs 932?
932 has more space inside, better fan options/cooling power, not much bigger
very worth the price difference 

explain Boosts?
boosting is just overclocking, you push the hardware harder to get much more power. there is no reason not to do it as it is not only done for free by DSO but also improves the power of your system and is done under digital storms warranty

About internal lighting?
yes its on all the time, maybe 1% of the systems power draw, yes there is an on off switch, it will be on the back of the case where you plug in your monitor

not sure on the sales, you'll have to wait and see if that interests you

Post Reply Post Reply