BSOD issue

Post Date: 2011-12-17

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
redsoxfanatic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote redsoxfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: BSOD issue
    Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 12:25pm
Hi,

I bought the ODE3 back in mid October, and it has been one of the best PCs Ive ever owned. However, Ive had an issue with BSODs, and its becoming more of a recurring problem.

So far Ive gotten BSODs while playing BF3, and I just figured that those were related to some of the crashing issues that BF3 has had. I got it last night playing The Old Republic though, and then had a huge problem rebooting my computer. I had to unplug/replug the OS hdd for it to finally reboot.

This morning it took two attempts to boot up. Anyone have any idea what it might be?
jmaster299 View Drop Down

Quote jmaster299 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 12:50pm
Could be a driver issue. Make sure you have the most current version and even if you have the most up to date driver there could be something wrong with it. What is the error it lists on the BSOD? You can look that error up on Google and usually get a quick answer.

I've seen some drivers cause some funny issues in my day. My old pos computer would not play DVDs via Windows Media when I put a 9800GT in it. It would crash with the BSOD and I looked up what it said caused the problem and it said it was my GPU. I RMA'd 3 GPUs, tried all sorts of current, old and beta drivers for it. In the 2+ years I had the 9800GT installed no driver release ever fixed the issue. I had to use a freeware video player to watch DVDs.

But the original cheapo ATI card it had originally and the HD5670 I had at the end both played DVDs fine via Windows Media.

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 3:38pm
Upload your dump file from the latest bsod and I will look and see what it is.

C:\Windows\Minidump
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 8:54pm
Also, try load BIOS defaults and see if your system is stable without any overclock. Press the "DEL" key continuously when you turn on the computer and then when you're inside the BIOS, load defaults and save and exit. See if the system works with zero issues after, if it does, our team can help you fine tune the overclock.
 Post Reply Post Reply