FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bolt II Lvl 1 vs. Vanquish II Lvl 4? Input needed!

Post Date: 2014-07-21

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Graydog View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Graydog Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Bolt II Lvl 1 vs. Vanquish II Lvl 4? Input needed!
    Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 8:42am
Hi! I've been look around Digital Storm's website for a new desktop since my current one (with an AMD Radeon HD 4200 Integrated Graphics Card) SUCKS EGGS!!! Now I am stuck between buying either the Level 1 Bolt II or the Level 4 Vanquish II. I really need help deciding and would appreciate if more than just one person put up a response so I can get an idea as to how many people support "x" idea over "y" idea. Anyway:

Budget:
I have enough money to buy the Level 1 Bolt and shipping ($1,790) to the Midwest, but that would be with the help from a $565 loan from my parents (I'm in tenth grade) which I really don't want to pay back unless I am thoroughly convinced that the Bolt is better than the Vanquish.

Expectations:
I'm expecting the rig will be able to play some next-gen (8th gen, if you want to get technical) games, but will also be able to handle current gen games like Arma 3, Civ V, and Just Cause 2. Hoping that either rig is "future-proofed" enough so I won't have to go buy and install a dang TITAN Z so it can handle Next-gen games :P .

Usage:
I'll mainly be using this rig to be surfing the web and for gaming, but will be occasionally be recording some gameplay videos for a YouTube channel that my friends and I will have up later this year (probably). I will also be using Photoshop and Blender along with Unity after a friend gets done teaching me.

Special Needs:
My house gets dusty during the winter, My parents have a timer on the monitor which cuts the power to it after one hour each day, so I try to get in as much gaming in with my friends as possible.

Saved Ticket #: The Bolt II Level 1 is just the standard Level 1, no customization. #:920939

Obviously the Vanquish II Level 4 can't be customized except for a monitor, which I use some of the loan money to get if people say Vanquish is better than the Bolt. #:995477

Specifications:
I'm not very good with the technical aspect, which is why I came to this forum for help :) the specs, if i am correct, have not been modified to fit my budget including the loan money in the equation

Anything Helps!!!
- Graydog
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 10:09am
Hi Graydog....  Welcome to the forums.

The Vanquish level 4 will give you about 20% better fps in gaming over the Bolt level 1.  The difference is the gtx 760 in Bolt 1 vs the gtx 770 in the Vanquish 4.   Everything else is pretty much equal.  

The i5-4590 cpu in the Vanquish 4 is also a bit faster than the 4570 in Bolt 1.  4590 has base clock of 3.3Ghz vs 3.2  and Turbos to 3.7 vs 3.6.  Not a huge difference but is faster.    You can swap to the 4590 in Bolt for $0 so that's irrelevant. 

The big draw of the Bolt is the small size if needed and the custom case, designed in- house at DS,  does add to the cost.  

Here's a comparison of the gtx 760 vs 770 .....

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1038?vs=1037

Hope this helps and stay in touch. Big%20Smile

Edited by bprat22 - 21 Jul 2014 at 10:22am
danjw1 View Drop Down

Quote danjw1 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 2:26pm
The Vanquish systems are prebuilt and can't be configured. They are the best bang for the buck that DS offers. I agree with bprat22, if size isn't a really big deal, you will get better performance out of the Vanquish. It will also support a greater variety of hardware for future upgrades, if you should decide to do so.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 6:21am
The biggest difference, as these gentlemen have pointed out between the Bolt 1 and the Vanquish II Ultimate is size.

If size matters, go with the bolt.

I can tell you while sitting here, the Vanquish II Ultimate is a full grown case. Sure the options may be limited, but there's plenty of room to grow inside.
 Post Reply Post Reply