Best Global settings for GPU

Post Date: 2014-03-28

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bahger View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bahger Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Best Global settings for GPU
    Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 10:20am
These are the default settings for my new GeForce GTX 770, as installed on a brand new Slade system from DS. Obviously I want to run games at high performance settings but before I tweak any of these setting, could some of you guys suggest the easiest course of action? Many thanks.

Default Global settings (Only "OFF" settings are listed here, all other settings are either "ON" or "Application Controlled")

Ambient Occlusion:        OFF
Antialiasing FXAA        OFF
Antialiasing Transparency OFF
Texture Filtering (sample)OFF
Triple Buffering          OFF

Input much appreciated.

bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 11:53am
I leave the settings in the Nvidia Control panel as-is and just do the settings in each game.  Those settings listed are the ones that can, depending on the game, drive your fps down as they tax the card.  Some do change the Globals to force a setting to run but I personally just leave them.

You could try it both ways and see what you get .  Big%20Smile
manowar09 View Drop Down

Quote manowar09 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 5:02pm
I generally leave the nvidia control panel alone and use the in game options.  I have had a few exceptions though with playing some older games, where using the nvidia control panel options worked out better due old games not having certain options or other wierd problems.

Recently for some reason the Witcher 1 would give me some coi winel unless I used vsync though the nvidia control panel.  Another game was Tomb Raider Annivsary.  If you used the in game AA settings it would disable all the shadows, but if you used AA through the control panel and the left in game setting off, the shadows would be on just fine.

But when this happens you select that certain game from a list so you dont mess up your global settings for everything else.

Edited by manowar09 - 29 Mar 2014 at 5:03pm
Bahger View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Bahger Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 6:15pm
I wonder what the logic is behind the default 3-D settings in the card's software. FXAA and AO switched off, for example, rather than set to application control. Do the card's settings represent the capabilities of your system or are they a universal stable baseline that might be tweaked upwards on high-end systems?

Edited by Bahger - 29 Mar 2014 at 6:16pm
 Post Reply Post Reply