FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Battery Fubar'd

Post Date: 2014-03-18

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jahagwa View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jahagwa Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Battery Fubar'd
    Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 11:18pm
Tonight my Clevo-P151em1 Laptop was producing some very loud beeps while logged into my Desktop. I restarted my system with it now beeping through POST and while I was logging into my Desktop again... I got a notice at my battery Icon which stated that it was recommended that I shutdown my system and take out my battery. I did just that and my system is fine and purring like normal.
Here is a picture of my battery below. Notice the red circle.

So now I need some help. While looking up a replacement, I noticed something that I didn't catch at first. I ordered a replacement and I think it may no longer be the correct battery. On the battery I ordered, in the area the red circle would be, the inscription shows 6-87-x710s-4271. However on my dead battery the inscription shows 6-87-x510s-4d72.

Even though both batteries state there Model p150hmbat-8 (simplo), do the numbers that I circled in red have to match the numbers on the other battery that I ordered? I would call Digital Storm first before posting but they are closed at the moment and my battery just Fubar'd and I just wanted to see if I could get an answer sooner by any chance.

Edited by Jahagwa - 18 Mar 2014 at 11:20pm
Jahagwa View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jahagwa Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 11:38pm
I just got an unexpected email from the battery dealer. They wanted to know if it was the x710s or the x510s. Apparently it matters after all. Well, feel free to close this thread.
 Post Reply Post Reply