Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Annihilated View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Annihilated Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Aventum II Questions
    Posted: 12 Jun 2014 at 1:01am
Hi guys,
So I was looking around on the Aventum II's specifications and saw that the system held an incredible 22 fans. I got a little confused. Does a default Aventum II come with 22 fans, or do you need to upgrade the chassis mods to the additional 'Mount additional side-window fans' option to get the full 22 fans? Silly question, I know :P
Also, can I special order the liquid coolant (The coolant I'm looking at is
XSPC EC6 High Performance Liquid Cooling Premix Coolant - 1L - UV Green.) I will pay the extra shipping costs and special order fees for the item, I just want to know if Digital Storm allows this. (FYI, the cooling system I am going with is the Custom Copper Pipe Liquid Cooling, but that green coolant just looks so badass inside the acrylic reservoir!
    Similar question with the GPU, I see that Digital Storm only lists the plain reference 4x SLI Quad Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan Black, is it possible to special order 4x SLI Quad EVGA Superclocked Signature GTX Titan Black? I'm also wondering if the Corsair AX1500i PSU can handle an i7 4930K overclocked to 5GHz, and the Quad EVGA Superclocked Signature Titan Blacks overclocked to 1300MHz-1400MHz stably?
Off-topic: What'a the difference between the Corsair Airflow Performance fans and the Aventum II's stock chassis fans? Not like it's really needed anyway because the liquid cooling has enough cooling power.
Sorry for the long post and numerous questions, thanks for taking your time to read this!
Annihilation
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2014 at 6:35am
I don't think that side fan window  option applies to the Aventum.  I certainly wouldn't want to impeded that nice side window view.  Hahaha

Alex or Nav can comment, but I believe the Aventum has the 3 fans on either side of the bottom exhaust chamber for a total of 6, 4 more in the front, 2 more behind the card cage, 2 more on the back and 3 more on the top.   That's 17 fans.  Drooling Not sure about 22 fans. 

As far as special orders, DS will order pretty much any part you want.  They'd have to quote the price and availability. 

Some parts like the side blow-hole fans, Hailstorm bottom plate and the Corsair fans you mentioned are just generic listing across the different systems. 

Big%20Smile

danjw1 View Drop Down

Quote danjw1 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2014 at 8:14am
I believe with SLI that the cards all need to run at the same clocks. So, if you get one of the four that happens to be not as good, you will need to drop all the others down to what that one can do. This is commonly referred to as the "Silicon Lottery". Some chips will be really good others not so much. As long as the CPU or GPU works within the published specs, they will not replace it. It is most likely that you can get the cards to run at least somewhat above the published specs, there is never a guarantee.

From the "More Info"->"Specifications":
Fans: 3x 140mm top, 6x140mm bottom exhaust chamber, 2x 140mm storage area, 2x rear motherboard tray, 2x 140mm front intake fans, 2x 80mm front intake fans, 1x140mm Reservoir intake fan.

Edited by danjw1 - 12 Jun 2014 at 8:22am
Annihilated View Drop Down

Quote Annihilated Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2014 at 8:45am
Good to know. Also, do you think that the EVGA GTX Titan Black Hydro Copper is worth it over the stock Titan Black with aftermarket watercooling.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2014 at 9:52am
Hi! Hope this helps:

1. The Aventum II usually comes with all of those fans.

2. Yes, you can special order fluid, which also means we will need to use clear tubing. I recommend contacting our team directly about this special request once you got the order in so we can add special notes.

3. Yes, we can special order graphics cards for you, our team will have to special request them.

4. The AX1500i can definitely handle that configuration.

5. The Corsair fans have a different fan pitch and bearings, they are of higher quality, not saying the ones we use are bad either.
 Post Reply Post Reply