Post Date: 2015-01-03

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
trevor1030 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote trevor1030 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Aventum ii Build
    Posted: 03 Jan 2015 at 7:07am
Hi i am thinking of pulling the trigger finally on a Digital Storm Aventum ii, I have been toying with this idea for quite some time and i think i am ready.... I know it is a completely different beast, but i was also thinking if people disagree with the aventum ii to buy a bolt II maxed out settings... Not a huge fan of the Titan Z though since the specs compared to your generic titan are not as good i have seen, also i wanted to have a window on my next PC so i can see my components and parts not sure if the new bolt has this option!

I currently play League of Legends, WoW, Diablo, SC2, Eve etc

Hoping this system can remove me from my console games such as Cod, Battlefield, Battle for middle earth, Skyrim and a few others

This is the configuration i setup wondering if anyone had any input, i would also be streaming from time to time on twitch and wanting to use a dual monitor setup! Here it goes!

System Configuration:
Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Black OPS Aventum II
Exterior Finish: Pure White Matte Finish with Black Stand
Trim Accents: - Not Available
Processor: Intel Core i7 4790K 4.0 GHz (Codename Devils Canyon) (Unlocked CPU) (Quad Core)
Motherboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK2 (Intel Z97 Chipset) (Military-Grade TUF Components)
System Memory: 16GB DDR3 1866MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX (Extreme-Performance)
Power Supply: 1050W Corsair HX1050
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 8x / CD-Writer 8x)
Storage Set 1: 2x SSD (250GB Samsung 840 EVO)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (1TB Seagate)
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: RAID 0: Striping: Performance, But No Data Fault Tolerance Protection (Requires 2 HDDs)
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 2x SLI Dual (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 4GB (Includes PhysX)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux Level 3: Digital Storm Exotic Custom Cooling System (2x Video Cards + CPU + Chipset)
H20 Tube Color: Green Tubing with High-Performance Fluid (UV Lighting Reactive)
Chassis Fans: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: Digital Storm RGB LED Lighting System (Requires Thermal Management Control Board & Software)
Airflow Control: Digital Storm Thermal Management Control Board & Software
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: - No Thanks
CPU Boost: Stage 2: Overclock CPU 4.5GHz to 4.8GHz (Requires High-End Motherboard Selection)
Graphics Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Memory Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my memory
OS Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: Windows Recovery Toolkit (Bundled with Windows CD)
Virus Protection: FREE: McAfee AntiVirus Plus (1 Year Service Activation Card) (Not Pre-installed) ($35 Value)
Office: - No Thanks
Game: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
NVIDIA SHIELD: - No Thanks
Branded Gear: Bundle: T-Shirt (EXTRA LARGE) + Water Bottle + Carbon Fiber Pen + Leather Keychain
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 15-20 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)

Let me know what you guys think trying to order soon!

Trevor

Edited by trevor1030 - 03 Jan 2015 at 7:09am
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Jan 2015 at 8:46am
Hi trevor1030,

The Aventum 11 is a beast of a machine. Keep in mind that with the 4790K/Z97 Motherboard that you will be limited to two GPUs. If you plan on going to a crazy monitor setup sometime in the future and need more GPU power, you should go with the X99 MB and a 58xxK CPU. The problem is the PCIe lane limitation on the 4790K.

I would change the Evo SSd to the Pro. Samsung has a problem with long term memory on the Evo models. I see you want your SSDs in O Raid. Normally your operating system is on a SSD and if you use Raid O and have a drive failure you will lose your operating system. If you want to Raid 0 two SSDs then I would have a third for the operating system not in Raid 0. It might save you some aggravation in the future.

Frank
 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Jan 2015 at 9:47am
I agree with Frank on the processor and motherboard selection...if you want to expand beyond 2-way SLI in the future (having an Aventum II, you may very well want to) you will need one of the high-end enthusiast processors. There is the exception of 4-way SLI with two Titan Z's, but you definitely do not need an Aventum II for that and could go for something like the Virtue.

Also, make sure you really want SSD drives in RAID. If one of the drives fails, you lose the entire array. If you do decide to go with SSDs in RAID, I'd highly encourage using 850 Pro drives instead of the 840 Evo, due to reliability alone (they have better performance, too).
 Post Reply Post Reply