Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
titusmckieus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote titusmckieus Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: ATI CCC
    Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 2:57pm

I was setting up a second monitor.  After setting it up and extending the monitor I noticed  that the second monitor has a really bad flicker. The flicker is generally horizontal and will not go away with resolution/refresh rate/color depth changes. Moving a window around the  #1 and #2 desktop makes the flicker worse.  the flicker is generally  present on whatever monitor is set up as the secondary.  The primary monitor will remain flicker free. or if it does  flicker it is very minimal. 

I did a search and found others having the same issue.  Others have discovered  that if you turn off , or rather disable "ATI overdrive" in CCC the flicker goes away. which I tried. and in fact it does.

The problem though, Is that even though the "Enable manual fan control" is ticked. once you disable the ATI overdrive.  The fan speed for both cards. will be reduced to what I assume is default speed of 21%. the slider will move and the values will change. but the apply setting does not function.

This is creating a problem with me having the ability to run Dual monitors.

I can disable ATI overdrive to run dual monitors and have no flicker, but it results in my cards getting extremely hot. due to the fact that the fan speed will not run past 21%.

If I enable ATI overdrive I regain control of the fans.
This was happening In 9.10 and is also present In 9.11. 

I haven't had any responce from ATI on the issue . 

My question is . are there any third party utilities that will enable me to better control the fans other that the CCC provided by ATI. that work well. such as EVGAs pressision

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 5:12pm
use RivaTuner it will allow you to adjust ati fans, or I think justin said afterburner also does ati too.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote titusmckieus Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 1:58am
I tried MSI afterburner  and it does work . Thanks

Edited by titusmckieus - 28 Nov 2009 at 2:32am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 6:34am
My pleasure
Groupie
Groupie

Quote titusmckieus Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 8:27am
Also here is a listing of compatible cards, I'm sure is incomplete, but a good reference non the less.

Guru3d

Post Reply Post Reply