FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AOC Expansion pack

Post Date: 2009-09-18

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jean luc picard View Drop Down
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jean luc picard Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: AOC Expansion pack
    Posted: 18 Sep 2009 at 7:29am
I hear AOC is going to have an expansion pack in febuary of next year.I took a look to see what it's going to have and they put some really neat thing's in there.
INTEL I7 920 OCED 3.5 GHZ
6 GB DDR3 MUSHKIN RAM 1333 MHZ
DUAL GTX 275 SLI
750 WATT PS
500 GB WD HDx2 RAID 0
WINDOW'S VISTA HOME premium
ANTEC 902 TOWER
ACER 23IN 1920/1080 rez
EVGA X58 LE
aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Sep 2009 at 2:46pm
This expansion would have to uber "neat" for me to consider coming back.  I played AoC for about a year, conquered all, and left with nothing.
Sharariebrum View Drop Down
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Sharariebrum Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Oct 2009 at 9:06pm
AoC is doing rather well I enjoy the new 1.05 fixes to the profesions took them a year and a half but all in all game is really well.  The Expansion will add 2 new races and extra set of skills.  Unarmed Martial arts will be introduced.  All kinds of fun things.  If you have not come back for the free days everyone got you should check it out come see the new skill paths. 
If you Fail to Plan....Plan to FAIL!!!
The Past is History, The Future is a Mystery, But Today is a GIFT - That is why we call it the Present
aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 5:22pm

I may at some point.  Only problem is that I have seen the promised land, and it's going to be real tough to convince me to go back to Egypt. 

B5GkarNarn View Drop Down

Quote B5GkarNarn Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Sharariebrum

AoC is doing rather well I enjoy the new 1.05 fixes to the profesions took them a year and a half but all in all game is really well.  The Expansion will add 2 new races and extra set of skills.  Unarmed Martial arts will be introduced.  All kinds of fun things.  If you have not come back for the free days everyone got you should check it out come see the new skill paths. 
I've never played an MMO before but AoC looks really good.  I especially like the fact that your character will be able to use unarmed martial arts in the upcoming expansion.  I've also seen gameplay videos showing how the weapons combat is more dependent on your skills than the combat in other MMOs.  This looks pretty good to me.

What features in AoC do you think make this game better than other MMORPGs like WOW, Aion, LOTRO, etc?
aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 4:24pm
AoC is better in graphics than any of the others.  Very realistic game play and combat mechanics.  And that is where it ends.  Yes I did experience some "epic" moments....like finishing my "personal" quest at 80...the first time fighting Vistrix, etc.  However, the game could not keep me on.  The loot system is horrible, and life after 80 becomes a bore.  We were spamming T1 dungeons daily, and hitting the T2's as much as possible.  We were all geared up, and then it hit me.  EVERYONE LOOKS THE SAME.  lol.  We all worked that hard to run around looking like everyone else.  wth.  It would be different if the story was worth a poo, but that ends at lvl 20.  Anyway, I have played all the mmos you listed and AoC was my first.  Playing WoW now, and I will not bore you with how great it is, cuz you can find that info anywhere.  However, I will say that the game has gotten better with each day, as it gets better after 80.  Not the other way around. The game has so much content and community that it can be overwhelming.  I used to defend AoC with a vengence against greats like WoW and Lotro.  I was wrong, and speaking out of ignorance.  Aion is a great idea, and not bad, but I enjoyed it more with my own music instead of the ingame soundtrack.  It'll drive you nuts.  Good luck, happy grinding, and Happy New Year.

Edited by aCi11i3s - 31 Dec 2009 at 4:27pm
B5GkarNarn View Drop Down

Quote B5GkarNarn Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 1:10am
Originally posted by aCi11i3s

AoC is better in graphics than any of the others.  Very realistic game play and combat mechanics.  And that is where it ends.  Yes I did experience some "epic" moments....like finishing my "personal" quest at 80...the first time fighting Vistrix, etc.  However, the game could not keep me on.  The loot system is horrible, and life after 80 becomes a bore.  We were spamming T1 dungeons daily, and hitting the T2's as much as possible.  We were all geared up, and then it hit me.  EVERYONE LOOKS THE SAME.  lol.  We all worked that hard to run around looking like everyone else.  wth.  It would be different if the story was worth a poo, but that ends at lvl 20.  Anyway, I have played all the mmos you listed and AoC was my first.  Playing WoW now, and I will not bore you with how great it is, cuz you can find that info anywhere.  However, I will say that the game has gotten better with each day, as it gets better after 80.  Not the other way around. The game has so much content and community that it can be overwhelming.  I used to defend AoC with a vengence against greats like WoW and Lotro.  I was wrong, and speaking out of ignorance.  Aion is a great idea, and not bad, but I enjoyed it more with my own music instead of the ingame soundtrack.  It'll drive you nuts.  Good luck, happy grinding, and Happy New Year.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with AoC. I'm an absolute noob with MMORPGs but I will still give AoC a try. I like the fact that the upcoming expansion pack will be based on the ancient cultures of China & Korea. A very Healthy & Happy New Year to you!
 Post Reply Post Reply