Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Nav View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Employee

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nav Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: AMD confirms Mantle Driver in 14.2 BETA
    Posted: 31 Jan 2014 at 11:52am

As mentioned in our older article from Thursday, AMD discovered a major bug with its Catalyst 14.2 driver at the last minute, which threw a wrench in the works at the company. The driver was originally slated to come out in sync with DICE' update of Battlefield 4 on Thursday. AMD now tells us that their teams have been working overnight to fix the driver, and should have their next status update for us by mid-afternoon EST (New York time), later today. That update doesn't necessarily mean a driver release at that point in time, and so AMD might be forced to label it Catalyst 14.2 beta, keeping up with its calendar-based driver version naming. Catalyst 14.1 beta was expected to ship the first public distribution of Mantle, AMD's ambitious 3D graphics API to rival Direct3D and OpenGL.

AMD also mentioned a 24 hour exclusive period for press to evaluate the driver before public release, so it looks like your download will be at least 36 hours away.

Source
fstcvc View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote fstcvc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Feb 2014 at 8:42am
I wish companies would actually make something work correctly before saying what it "could" do. Make it fully work and then show us what it "can" do. This is what causes end users to be disappointed with a product. I don't buy something thinking it might be able to do something in the future. I buy things for what they can do for me now...

Edited by fstcvc - 01 Feb 2014 at 8:44am
HailStorm II
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz
Asus Maximus VI Extreme
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum
3xSLI EVGA SuperClocked GTX TITAN
Samsung 840Pro SSD 256GB+512GB
HydroLux+XSPC CPU/MoBo/GPU Liquid Cooling
 Post Reply Post Reply