FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AgeOfConan

Post Date: 2009-07-03

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jean luc picard View Drop Down
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jean luc picard Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: AgeOfConan
    Posted: 03 Jul 2009 at 10:34am
i played this game for about a year.i really like its combat system.
it also has the best graphic's that i have ever seen in any mmo.the
only problem is that you need a high end rig to run it,cause AoC is
such a resource hog.
Sharariebrum View Drop Down

Quote Sharariebrum Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Jul 2009 at 4:45pm
As far as Conan goes I played till July last year.  Made a ranger to 80 rest of the 8 toons to near 50.  Anyway quit cause end game was boring and the over-powered jems being as I did have full damage crossbow suit could kill many in one combo.  The game had to many flaws in PvP. 

BUT yes I did play test and am playing 1.05 patch.....MUCH BETTER  Very so crafting/PvP/PvE content  Age of conan is now ready for the big time play.

If you used to play you should activate for one mo to see the new things out there.  Very fun and great way to spend your time till AION/Starwars Old Republic/Star Trek online.   And of course Dragon age/Borderlands I know single player mostly but looking like quite a blast.
If you Fail to Plan....Plan to FAIL!!!
The Past is History, The Future is a Mystery, But Today is a GIFT - That is why we call it the Present
aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Jul 2009 at 5:11pm
I played AoC for a year.  3 lvl 80's and several other lowbies.  Raided through most of the end game content...Tier 3 city...etc.  Just not enough here to keep me interested.  Everybody started to look the same with the T1 and T2 epic gear, and it really became a bore.  Too bad, cuz I made some great friends there in Wiccanna, and the game play and graphics are top notch. 
jean luc picard View Drop Down

Quote jean luc picard Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Jul 2009 at 9:27pm
Im going to wait until the expansion pack come's out,and then
i'll start playing again.I did get to see what came with the 1.05
patch,and was happy with all the change's.But i think thier will
be much more end game content with the expansion pack whenever
that come's out.
Sharariebrum View Drop Down

Quote Sharariebrum Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jul 2009 at 10:43am
Ya the endgame is still the same teir 2 almost done with teir 3 city.  But all the new content for lvling is a blast  Made a toon first day of 1.05 And already at lvl 42.  The new quests have been fun the new gear.  Bear Shame-an isnt as hard to lvl anymore as it was.  Deleted my old lvl 36 one to start over as he was lowest lvl.  Fun times.

The expansion is great for the endgame but now that its fun at low lvls again I'm lvling my younger toons to 80 so that way whatever is needed PvP group Raid Group wise I will be able to fill gaps better.
If you Fail to Plan....Plan to FAIL!!!
The Past is History, The Future is a Mystery, But Today is a GIFT - That is why we call it the Present
aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 7:32pm
those who have stopped playing (including myself) can reactivate your account free for 14 days, and Funcom allows you to start a toon at lvl 50, and transfer a toon for free.
Jennings386 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Jennings386 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 10:21pm
I too got the free 14 day re-up.  I can't say how disappointed I was after re-installing and downloading patches that the game was just as cumbersome as always.  I ran the patcher overnight so that I would not have to look at the screen crawling by and awoke the next morning before work to give it a try.

It was uninstalled before I left the house that day.

The concept of this game had so much potential, but all it resulted in was a giant heap of poo...with blood splatter.
Shoestring View Drop Down

Quote Shoestring Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 8:42am
thanks for this review Jennings386 

was going to try AoC again after I did the Closed and Beta Testing last year..or was it longer? 

I've moved on and will stay moved on.

aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Jennings386

I too got the free 14 day re-up.  I can't say how disappointed I was after re-installing and downloading patches that the game was just as cumbersome as always.  I ran the patcher overnight so that I would not have to look at the screen crawling by and awoke the next morning before work to give it a try.

It was uninstalled before I left the house that day.

The concept of this game had so much potential, but all it resulted in was a giant heap of poo...with blood splatter.
yeah...Thanks for the update!  I feel like I just avoided a big headache as I was VERY close to doing the same thing.  I probably would have but the thought of all those patches really kept me from pursuing it.  That and I gave away all my gold and resources.Big%20smile
RogerWIlco View Drop Down

Quote RogerWIlco Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 5:59pm
I still play but after the guild disolved I play maybe once a week for 2 hrs or so...been at lvl 63 for like 3 months...proble lvl to 80 just to say I did then jump ship
DS Twister LITE
C2D E6750 2.66GHz
nVidia 680i Core 2 Quad
2GB DDR2 Corsair
1 TB HDD 7200 RPM
nVidia GeForce 8800GTX 768MB
850W Thermaltake
Razer DeathAdder
Razer Tarantula   
Win7
 Post Reply Post Reply