FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Advice on my Configuration

Post Date: 2010-09-15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ken12345 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ken12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Advice on my Configuration
    Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 9:13pm
http://www.digitalstormonline.com/comploadsaved.asp?id=440508

This is what I have configured. I have a 1900x1200 24" monitor and keyboard and mouse, so I don't need those.

I do about 70% gaming, things like Mass Effect 2, Crysis and Fallout 3.

The rest is photoshop and other apps to process digital photos.

I'd like a fast (overclocked) gaming computer, not a flashy box, and very quiet.

I'm trying to keep it under $3000.

Any advice on what I've selected. Is there anything I should change?

Thanks,
Ken
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Online Status: Offline
  Quote !ender_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 9:43pm
Id change the case up to any of the more expensive cases that you like the looks of, the 690 is a pretty dated design. The haf 922 and 932 are not as flashy as the pictures make them look. Unless you request them to be painted, they are all black and the only light they come with can be turned off

i dont think the case you chose would even support that asetek, which is no loss. Its louder, more expensive, and cools worse than the noctua u12p, so i would change to that as well.

the higher end cases such as the haf 932 use bigger fans which are quieter since they do not need to spin as fast to move the same air, I would suggest picking up a 932 with no case lighting and stage 1 noise supression if noise is a concern for you. the noctua u12p is also very quiet.
 Post Reply Post Reply