FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Adding Fans to Vanquish II Level 4

Post Date: 2014-12-03

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
zkmguy View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote zkmguy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Adding Fans to Vanquish II Level 4
    Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 4:05pm
I just got my Vanquish II Level 4 which is an upgrade from a 7 year old DIY build on it's last legs. I'm super happy with everything and am thinking of adding a few fans because I'm generally not bothered by additional noise.

I'm thinking about a 1x140mm intake fan on the bottom and 2x140mm exhaust fans on the top but wanted to run it by people on the forum.

Considering noise doesn't really bother me what's the best options for adding fans?
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Online Status: Offline
  Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Dec 2014 at 2:13am
Hi zkmguy,

I am not familiar with the case used in the Vanquish but have some experience with other similar cases. Some with two fans on the top make the front top fan blowing in and the back top fan blowing out. This helps by bringing in more cool air from out side of the case. This was with cases with no bottom fan. So I am not sure what effect the bottom fan has with the setup above. the bottom fan should help cool the GPU.

With the Stage 1 air cooler in the Vanquish I would think that front top fan blowing in would help cool the CPU. If you have the fans, I would experiment with the fan setup and monitor your CPU and GPU temps. The temps will tell you what works best.

Frank

Edited by FrankW - 04 Dec 2014 at 2:15am
 Post Reply Post Reply