Post Date: 2014-06-13

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Airforcesgt1 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Airforcesgt1 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: 660 TI Help
    Posted: 13 Jun 2014 at 7:58pm
Hey y'all, ive recently have been having trouble with my 660ti. ive had my computer sense November of 2012 and haven't had a problem with it. recently i went on a trip and brought my computer(before i left i had my computer set up on a 32' 1080P Vizio TV as my main monitor and a secondary dell 1440x900 monitor). when i got there i set my computer up on the same dell but instead of the tv i had a HP 2011x 1600x900 and it ran fine. after i got back home i tried to set up my computer again but this time if i tried to boot with the 32' tv and the HP 2011x my TV would say no signal and my HP would go to sleep after my computer would get past the windows loading screen. it only works if i have my HP plugged in. also whenever i try to plug the hdmi in after it gets very hot. if you need any clarification let me know, i know thats a mouth full lol. thanks in advance
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 5:04am
Hi Airforcesgt1... So it works with the dvi by itself and the hdmi only after the card heats up?

I would try the monitors and the same cables elsewhere to confirm they're good.

After that, because you've moved it around, I would unplug and remove the 660ti, blow it out with canned air for dust buildup and then reseat the card. Reseating a video card fixes a lot of issues.   Blow the air thru the fan and out the back. 

Check all the connections to the 660ti card and the motherboard.

While you're at it, might as well use the canned air to clean the other fans and your cpu cooler. The small spaces in the radiator or air cooling vanes behind the fans can plug with dust causing heating issues.

Good luck.

Edited by bprat22 - 14 Jun 2014 at 6:15am

Quote Airforcesgt1 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 11:02am
thanks but no luck lol still the same issue and the HDMI doesnt work at all. if i leave it plugged in for like a minute it gets too hot to touch when i take it out, im afraid if i leave it in there for too long my computer will catch fire lol. thats really bad
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 1:42pm
If the hdmi connector is heating up that fast, my guess is a short is causing heat buildup from too much current draw.   The short could be the video card itself being defective or your hdmi cable or tv.   Try the cable and tv elsewhere if you have the option to see if it's that.   

Quote Airforcesgt1 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 4:23pm
it was just working a week ago lol this is frustrating. the tv and cord work so i guess its my card. any fixes for that?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 3:10am
If it is the card, no way to fix it.
 Post Reply Post Reply